07 March 2015

Help on the Spot

I'm not sure what I would do without my parental units.

My mom has had my kids every Saturday morning for the last 6 weeks while I run Stake YW Basketball.  She picks them up from my house and often they go get pancakes at McDonalds and take them to eat at my Grandpa's.

Sunday night I left them at my mom's while I went to a region church basketball meeting and James and Ross went over to the rental to try to evict our tenants.

Tuesday night I took them over for a little bit while I headed back to the townhouse to meet Fernando, the painter and do some quick assessments on the place.  James had a paper to write and was sequestered at the kitchen table.  My mom wasn't home when I got to her house because she'd gone out to check on Grandpa. He'd had a surgery that day to implant a fistula into his arm in preparation for dialysis.  My dad was there to greet my munchkins.

Friday night I took my kids back to my mom's on the way home from school.  (We stopped at our house, but they stayed in the car while I hurried and changed my clothes and grabbed what I needed.)  We got to my mom and dad's house and once again, my dad was there to greet the kids and they were happy to be there.  My mom had also invited the Howden boys over for a "pajama party" and she was also doing dinner for Grandpa.  All 8 of them went to Village Inn!  Phew.  I can't imagine it. I went to camp out at the church all night for region basketball.

Saturday, we went to visit my Grandpa, but he wasn't home.  He was out for a ride with my mom.  After the kids had a nap, I took them back to my mom and dad's again where they'd get to camp out for another night while I went and cleaned at the townhouse.  It was super dirty and I was there a lot longer than I thought I'd be.  I got back to get the kids around 10:00 and they'd once again had a great night and didn't want to leave Grandma's house.

These are my parents.  They are the best and I couldn't function without them.

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!


2 comments:

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

You are a lucky girl, to have parents like that!

japetersen said...

Thank you Haley. Dad and I love all the grand chillins. They make us happy as do our own children (including Ross and James),