It is Satruday morning and we are at the beach. My brother and sister went for a walk on the beach and left me to guard the chairs and ukulele. I had a little nap. I meant to grade some papers but don't want to. It's Ok.
I spotted them (the siblings) and thought they may have decided to walk to San Diego. They are way far down there. I thought I would make some observations on surfing and surfers in the meantime.
- They are a men. I have seen only 1 woman.
- They are all ages and even some old, like 70+.
- There are lots of them. I counted at least 30-40 on each side of the pier at several different times.
- They are all white, thin, and have good posture, though some are more attractive than others.
- They sit out there on their boards for a long time just waiting.
- They are excellent at changing clothes in the parking lot by concealing with a large Beach towel wrapped around their waists.
- They mostly travel in one's but occasionally meet up in two's.
- Hair is not a consideration.
- All wetsuits are black.
- The Ocean was more calm this morning than now.
- A good wave can usually have two people at a time riding, one on each end as it breaks. Occasionally you will see 3 start on a wave but a maximum of 2 ever make it.
- Some guys like to stretch first before hitting the water.
- Many literally run to the water just like you would see in an old Beach movie.
- They don't surf at night, but do get there extremely early in the morning at the first signs of light but before the sun actually rises.