17 July 2012

Summer Happenings

It's summer.  It's hot.  Time for a new blog post.

Last week Molly and Jack spent 2 days with Grandma My Mom and 2 days with Grandma and Grandpa Binggeli.  (I'm still not comfortable calling my mom Grandma Judy, but she said not to call her Grandma Petersen.  I guess it is just Grandma or sometimes Molly will differentiate by saying Grandma-Grandpa-Willie or Grandma-Grandpa-Jarrell, or lately Grandma-Grandpa-Jason.  Whatever works.  This problem only exists when NOT in the presence of these wonderful people otherwise they are simply Grandmas and Grandpas.  We'll figure it out.)  I spent 4 days at West High School learning about the new Common Core Math that I will be teaching this school year.  It's exciting, but very overwhelming.  The training was good, though, and I met a lot of cool teachers from Salt Lake District.  Molly and Jack had way more fun with their grandparents than with their mom, but that's ok.  


Tonight we went to watch Elliott and Wyatt play T-ball.  We haven't made it to any of their games this latest time around and their short season ends this week.  We figured we ought to get to one and cheer them on.  The games were a lot of fun!  Molly really liked it.  She warmed up by running the bases with Elliott's team and then insisted on helping my dad be the catcher during Elliott's ups to bat.  I didn't take a picture, but it was cute!


I was a little worried about taking Jack outside for that long, but then remembered that when Molly was only 6 weeks old we took her to the Logan 4th of July stadium fireworks and then 2 weeks later to the Ogden rodeo.  She survived.  Jack was good, too!


Willie had been called to substitute at the Shavy Shack, James didn't make it home to eat dinner before we left, so we ended up at Shavy and Moutain Mike's for pizza and shaved ice after the games.  Jack was a good boy and Molly was pretty good, too.  She had fun running around the trailer.  Here is a photo stolen from my sister.



I didn't take any pictures tonight, but I do have a picture of Molly from Saturday.  She got her hair cut and let me curl it.  It looks really cute!  Though I've tried to avoid all things "princess" with this daughter of mine, she is such a girl.  She loves necklaces and bracelets and looks really cute in pink.  Two weeks ago when I got her dressed for church she twirled her dress around and said, "I'm a princess."  This last week we started watching "Beauty and the Beast" and her favorite part was the dancing scene.  She danced all around the living room.  Silly girl!  On the other hand, though, she loves to play in the dirt, throw balls, and does NOT like to get her hair curled (though with a toothbrush or her ipod to distract her we can usually get it done).



No comments: