26 December 2011

Cat's Out of the Bag

I don't particularly care for cats. Actually, I don't like cats at all. They make me sneeze. They are sneaky and always look guilty.

Anyway (to continue with the metaphor) I wasn't intentionally keeping the cat in the bag. I was just avoiding conversation about the cat and the bag all together. Why? Because I'm Haley and there are just certain topics I would rather not talk about . . . cats in bags being one of them.

We only needed to let a few people know about the cat in the bag and then they were free to tell whomever else they'd like. The news just pretty much took care of itself. I think most of my family knows now and James' as well, but after receiving a text from my friend Emily tonight (after she read a particular line in my mom's blog) I decided to make an official post on this here blog (for the 2.78 of you who read this and aren't related to me and don't already know).

So to finally release the dreaded feline and let it out of it's paper or plastic compartment . . . .

James and I are having a baby in June. The due date is June 8th. We won't have an ultrasound for a couple of weeks still and so we don't know details about heart, lungs, gender, etc. As far as the preliminary doctor visits go, everything looks fine and dandy. My bets are on another girl if either of my Grandma's have anything to do with it, but James' family, I'm sure, would like to add another boy to the grandchild lineup. Molly has been told about the arrival of a sibling, but I don't think she has any idea what she's in for. Our office is still a mess and seems to be the catch-all room in our new house for everything that hasn't found a better home. I like the idea of having an "office" though, and don't have any intentions of turning it into a bedroom. I think Molly can share. James and I both shared rooms with siblings for parts of our lives and I think we survived ok. There isn't much else to say at this point.

That's the news from here and I don't think I will post again about cats anytime soon.

2 comments:

Nick, Brooke, Reagan, & Elsa said...

I still read your blog on a regular basis. I guess I should comment more.
Anyway, Congratulations!
Your kids will be the same distance in age that my Reagan, and Elsa are.
Now that I'm adapting to #3, we ought to get together for lunch! Maybe you can come up to my place, or I can come out to see your new house?

Anonymous said...

I read your blog also..and I suck at commenting.lol. congrats!