05 May 2011

Hooded

Here is my portfolio:

BinggeliMEd

I'm feeling a little regretful tonight that I decided not to go to USU's Graduate School Commencement tomorrow. I'm sure I could have figured out a way to get off work. It might have been kind of cool to get "hooded."

My name still would not have been in the program, so officially, there would be no record of me attending, though. Plus, I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about the class I have taken this semester. Maybe, too, I just have a hard time admitting I'm partially and Aggie. If my entire University education (undergrad and graduate) has taken 17 semesters and I have only been taking courses through Utah State for 6 of those, then I am only 35% Aggie. I can handle that.

Oh well. Maybe when I get my actual diploma at the end of the summer I'll drive to Logan and have my own ceremony and celebrate at Maddox's. (We have 2 graduation gowns in our house and I have a 3rd at my mom's house. I'll just need to borrow a hood.) Then again, maybe the only regret I have is that I'm not going to Maddox's.

Sigh.

Congratulations to all other graduates from the U, USU, and anywhere else this weekend!




8 comments:

japetersen said...

I will drive to Logan with you in the summer. You can wear the cap and gown, rest the hood and we will take your pisture in from of Old Main! Afterwards, a trip to Maddox's!

japetersen said...

Rent the hood!

japetersen said...

Your picture! (It's late)

japetersen said...

In front of Old Main! (I am brain dead)

Annie said...

Haley -

Congratulations. I'm proud of you! I will also travel to Logan with you to create a graduation ceremony just for you and I have two helpers who love to scream and yell and cheer.

I'll even bring a flag to take your picture in front of...i think that's what happens at a lot of graduations.

fivewoods said...

Haley - I will be in Logan tomorrow with MK...we'll think of you!!!!!

mom bing said...

Haley

We are so prould of you! You are such a great wife, mother, daughter-in-law, teacher,doing your church callings,always willing to help others, and then graduating again from USU.You are amazing you are amazing. We would go to Logan to watch your ceremony any day. Happy Mothers Day!

mom bing said...

Gramdpa Bing says We like Maddox(chicken half basket) and you don't have to Graduate to go there.
Love ya