27 March 2015

A Great Day To Be A Ute!

I love University of Utah Basketball!  This season did not disappoint.  Well, it did a few times, but it also had quite a few glorious moments, too.  It's been a long time of some extreme ugly betties to get to today, but it's about time things have turned around.

After a million years, our Runnin' Utes made it to the NCAA tournament and after even a million more, they won two games and made it to the Sweet 16.  That's pretty sweet, don't you think!  The Utes were seeded 5th and beat Stephen F. Austin and then Georgetown.  They lost to Puke Duke tonight (the battle of the Coach Krysekiqiewririsadksafisky's), but put up a very respectable fight.

I told several people at school today and even my mom tonight that I was glad they one won game in the tournament and ecstatic that they won two.  I figured they had nothing to lose and I was just going to enjoy watching the game.  I didn't intentionally lie, but man was I wrong.  Once that game started, I was all uptight and nervous.  I really wanted them to pull it out, but it just wasn't in the cards.  You win some. You lose some.  And, some just get rained out by Duke.

I added a seat to our season tickets this week.  We moved down a row.  Ticket prices went up.

I watched an ESPN special called, "I Hate Christian Laettner."  It was interesting.  I remember watching him hit some of those clutch shots on TV as a younger kid (in the days when I had giant posters of Larry, Magic, and Michael on my bedroom walls).  The movie was interesting and basically articulated all of the thoughts that I'd ever had about why I can't stand Duke Basketball.

It must just be in the blue uniform . . .  BYU, Duke, and then not to mention Kentucky.  Bleh.  At least it wasn't that particular blue team knocking the poor Utes out of the tournament for the 100th time.

It was a great season and I'm looking forward to next year!







1 comment:

emj said...

I am going to text you about season tickets. Good information to know.
I thought the Utes did really well this year!