23 December 2014

Another Christmassy Weekend

'Twas the weekend before Christmas and parties did abound.  We ate with our plates then tummies full, to each we became more round . . . .

Saturday . . . 

We had the annual Huber Family Christmas Progressive Party, though this year did not include any progressiveness.  My aunt Cindy hosted it and many people brought food.  The food was delicious and Cindy was an excellent host.  Huber family parties don't seem to be the energy, synergy, excitement, and glee of those from my youth.  There are a variety of factors, but mainly I would say it is due to the difficulty of getting 62 people (all but 7 were there if I counted right) together with the same priorities, values, and interests.  That is probably an impossible task and gets more impossible as people get older (including the young ones) and more set in their own ideas.  

I forgot to take any pictures at the party.

I finally got some presents wrapped!  Phew.



Sunday . . . 

On Sunday morning, I was getting ready for church.  Molly hadn't had a bath yet (and fell asleep and stayed in her clothes after Saturday's party) when she suddenly showed up at the bathroom door saying, "What's your order ma'am?"  She had put her jacket, a hat, and her shoes on.  She'd grabbed a notepad and a pencil and wanted me to order food.  I just happened to have my phone in the bathroom because I was listening to Christmas music while getting ready, so I was able to get a picture.  This daughter of mine is totally coo-coo.  She brought my [pretend] food back a couple of minutes later.  She was pushing the plateful in her baby's stroller and as she handed it to me said, "Mom, here's some grapes, but we're pretending they are fries because I can't find any fries."



We went to church, of course, and then we came home.  After a short time we headed north to the Petersen Family Christmas Party.  This tradition is hosted on a rotating schedule and this year it was at my Aunt LeeAnn's house in Roy.  For one year only, LeeAnn, as executive over Petersen Christmas traditions, decided that we would not be having the traditional Petersen Christmas Morning Breakfast this year.  In lieu of that, the family party menu was scones, ham, scrambled eggs, and of course, honey butter.  The food was delicious and I ate my weight in scones.  We still draw names in this family and after cleaning up breakfast/dinner we distributed gifts and opened them one at a time from youngest to oldest, per tradition.   It was a lot of fun!  

I only took 2 pictures at this party.


No comments: