30 November 2013

Sibling-a-go-go

The benefit of having a smart phone is that I can now blog while en route.

After my brother got his mission call my sister got this hair brained idea that we needed to go on a sibling adventure before he goes.  Eventually I agreed. Though I am feeling pretty guilty about leaving my husband and especially my chilluns, it is a good idea and we are having fun!


Other people do this sometimes, right? They leave their children for a short vacation?  Here is the note I left for them.

Anyway. . . We left at 6 this morning. We made it to St. George pretty quickly for a stop at a place called "The Swig" for a drink and cookies. Next was a stop in Lost Wages at Raising Canes for chicken fingers. They were good, too.





We let Willie drive from Las Vegas to Barstow.  He learned about cruise control and Annie screamed a few times but it wasn't too bad.

We checked into our room at the Shorebreak Hotel.




We went to see the second Hunger Games movie. Annie and Willie are huge fans of the books. I have not read the books but did see the first movie. This one was equally intense and equally killingsome.

Found a place back in Huntington Beach called Burgerbomb for a late night snack, then walked on the beach in the dark before returning for the night.


No comments: