04 September 2012

New Car!

Yup.  We bought a new car.  Why?  We don't really fit in my car anymore when we try to go somewhere as a family.  The person in the passenger seat has to scoot up so her knees are in her chin and the person in the driver's seat gets kicked constantly by a girl with no leg room.  In addition, our cars are getting old, beginning to show some wear, and I guess it was just time to get a new car.  We've been looking since pretty much Jack came home.  I was content to just keep putting it off, but James was a little more eager to get something new.  We finally decided to go looking and with my mom and dad's help watching the chillun's we looked a few times, sat in at least 15-20 different vehicles and test drove at least a half a dozen.

Though we'd been searching and looking and studying for a while, it still feels like we kind of bought it on a whim. I had resided to stop looking and then James found this one, we saw it, I drove it, and we bought it in a matter of a few hours.  It was an excellent value for a car with more bells and whistles than we were anticipating -  lower than blue book and within our established budget.  Though it is just a Ford, it is pretty much nicer than any car either of us has ever had.  It has a Microsoft Sync system, heated seats, and other fancy dancy stuff we probably don't need but is kind of fun to have!

We still have both our other cars.  Thank goodness we were planning ahead and bought an extra garage last year.  We worry that if we get rid of one car, the other one will die.  Plus, we are both pretty attached to our cars (we've each known our cars twice as long as we've known each other, after all) and neither of us are quite willing to part ways yet.

So, without further boring explanation, here it is - 2011 Ford Fusion, V6, Silver with Charcoal interior, 30,000 miles, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. etc.



Without sounding conceited, may I say that this is the first debt of our marriage besides our 2 houses (does anyone want to buy a townhouse in WVC for more than its worth?)?  It is pretty scary . . . gulp . . . but I think it will be ok.

Also, without sounding conceited may I say that master-car-man-James has been harassing me about not taking the car to school (I haven't yet, by the way) because it might get scratched or dinged.  Then HE was the one to pull too far into the garage and run into a chair and a box.  Can I also say that he will be super mad at me for putting that on this blog?  Can I also say that I hope I didn't just jinx myself about the scratches and dings?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats! I love what you said about knowing your cars longer than each other. I was sad to see my Subaru go. I know it was almost 20 years old... but I would have kept it if we had the space.

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

Your posts are always witty and enjoyable; and this one was no exception.
On another note... My little brother was a mechanic for Davis County for 6 years, and he said that the next time he needed to buy a vehicle it would be a Ford Fusion.
So, good choice.

James said...

better than running over a curb, like Haley did yesterday,