28 July 2010

Busy Day

Today was the busiest non-parenting day I have had in a couple of months. I volunteered to do a Deseret Dairy welfare assignment where I spent the morning packaging chocolate pudding packets, 4 dozen to a box. It was kind of fun . . . for about a half hour . . . . and then I appreciated the fact that I do not have to work in a factory or on an assembly line. It wasn't really bad, but I don't think I could do it as a job. They did give us a block of cheese at the end! I love cheese!

After that, I went straight to school where I had a meeting with 2 other teachers to plan some curriculum for a new class we are teaching this year. We are trying a new program to give our super low end kids math every day instead of every other day. We pretty much planned out the whole year in a few hours. It was very productive and went well.

I didn't get home until 3:00 or so. James was fine with Molly all day. He is a good dad. He even coordinated her outfit and put a bow in her hair. She was happy to see me when I got home and had lots of smiles. It feels good to be liked. Unfortunately, by the time I decided to film her smiling and cooing at me . . . she stopped. She wasn't very cooperative. Oh well.

Tonight we rounded out our day with a Family Home Evening Assignment at the Rocky Mountain Care Center. Luckily no one got in a fight this time, but it was still a strange experience. It always is. That is a sad facility and the people there are not with it at all. One lady asked if our cute baby was a boy or a girl. Another lady asked to touch her and started flicking Molly in the head. Oh dear. Otherwise, Molly made a lot of people smile, so that was good. James gave a pioneer message and then we had a sing along with few participants. Hopefully they had a good time, though.

Here's the Molly video. It's not too exciting . . . just a sneeze and a smile!
From 2010-07-28

No comments: