03 July 2009

The duck did what?

Yesterday I came home and my mom brought Elliott over to see my "yuck." We went to look for the duck, but it was momentarily gone. What does that mean? It means we should look and see what it is doing in my flowers.

Lo and behold . . . . EGGS! There are 7 of them that I can see.

A few minutes later I went to get the mail and when I came outside, mama duck was roaming around my yard. She'd come back and I think she knew I had been messing with her nest. She gave me a dirty look. By the time I got the mail and returned, she'd gone back to sitting on the nest again. Hopefully I didn't traumatize her too bad.



In other news, 4 of my lilies bloomed overnight. They are very pretty!


2 comments:

sunlightbeginnings said...

very nice. RyAnn thinks your lily is ah so cute. She said I can't see the babies(ducks).

fivewoods said...

love your choice of a pet.....