01 October 2008

Get out the VOTE!

I sent an e-mail to many of my family members yesterday. It said this:

I just wanted to let you all know that there IS another candidate for Utah governor besides Jon Huntsman. There has been much in the news overshadowing the fact that we have a gubernatorial election this year also.

Be Educated!

Bob Springmeyer (D)
http://www.bobforgov.org/index.php
Jon Hunstman, Jr. (R)
http://www.huntsman08.com/

Have a great day, Haley

(I failed to mention in my e-mail that there is a third candidate for governor . . . . .
. . . . . Please do NOT vote for Dell Schanze.)

We are in the midst of a crazy time in our country and people need to know not only what's going on nationally, but what's going on locally. As big as the nation's problems are, we often are much more affected by our local leaders and local issues. For those of you who live in Salt Lake County, be aware of what you are voting for and educate yourselves on the issues. (For those of you who live in other counties, see what your county websites have to offer.)

Go to the Salt Lake County Clerk's site and put in your information.

You can view a copy of how your ballot will appear on November 4th.
Here's mine:

5 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for being so civically (sp?) minded dear sister - I appreciate it.

Even if I am not going to vote for president.

Staples said...

I updated my blog

japetersen said...

Thanks for being politically active, Haley --

Lauren said...

Is there a way to register to vote online?

Anonymous said...

Obama is my choice