03 November 2007

Doing my civic duty.

Today I volunteered to make calls as a Volunteer for Utahns for public schools. It's pretty cool! I log into this system online. I put in my phone number and my phone starts ringing. The numbers are all kept private. All I see is a name, their polling location, and a script. I just read the script to them, they respond, and I tell them to have a nice day. It's kind of fun and I feel like I am being proactive to do my civic duty.

Here is my script:

"My name is Haley and I am a volunteer for Utahns for Public Schools. I am calling you today to remind you that election day is Tuesday, November 6th. I have called to remind/ask you to vote AGAINST Referendum 1, the flawed private school voucher law. Your polling location is ______. Please remember to get out and vote on Tuesday, AGAINST Referendum 1. Thank you!"

3 comments:

Annie said...

WoW! I'm impressed. Good for you!

japetersen said...

Way to go Haley ---

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Haley. We need more involved people like you!