12 July 2015

My son is nuts!

I wish I could make a video or write down all the crazy things my cute little boys says, but I can't remember them all.  I have captured a couple lately.


One night he insisted I say his prayers instead of him. Then he got mad at me because I forgot to bless Hanrahan Lincoln. When I asked him why we needed to bless Hanrahan Lincoln, he said, "because he died!" (I didn't bother to ask who Hanrahan is.)


The strange pronunciation of Honest Abe has actually come up several times lately (in prayers and elsewhere).  I'm not sure why he talks so much about him, but he does . . . and usually in the context of "he died."


Last night, he woke up with second wind around midnight and I could not get him to go back to sleep.  He just kept rambling on and on about tractors and trucks and who knows what else.  

Midnight ramblings from 3 year olds . . .
Jack: How does the dirt get into the dump truck? It can't do it by itself. Oh! The crane truck or the excavator must put the dirt in there.
Dad: jack, are you going to drive those when you get big?
Jack: yes. And I will drive the boat trains.
*****
Jack: when I grow up and get old can I drive a truck, and a car, and a motorcycle?
Mom: yes, but wear a helmet when you drive a motorcycle.
Jack: I will wear a bike helmet. I will also drive an excavator and a tractor and a backhoe. Molly can drive the bulldozer. Mom, don't forget to bring your phone. And molly CAN'T come.
Mom: ok.
Jack: . . . . . .



No comments: