01 February 2015

Guster

We went to see Guster on a friday night at the Depot - James, Annie, Ross, and I.  Guster is just my most favorite thing ever.  Their albums are good, but their live shows are just so much better.  I don't know how many times I've seen them, but at least a dozen or more.  As far as I know, I've only ever missed one performance and that is because they did a show once at DV8 before I'd ever even heard of them.  Annie and I think I was still in high school when we saw them the first time, so it has definitely been ages since we've been going to their shows.  They are showing their age, as well.  The Thundergod definitley has a lot of gray in his beard and Ryan Miller's hair is longer, yet shorter in front.  

It was great!  Their new album is called "Evermotion" and it is a little . . . odd.  If you want to try out Guster, I wouldn't recommend starting with the new one.  Start with one of the last two albums, instead.  Ryan Miller mentioned during the show that they know this album "is a grower."  I guess that means it has to grow on you a little before you like it.  He also admitted that he doesn't think he's ever stuck with a band through 7 albums and he's glad that people have stuck with them.  For whatever reason, Salt Lake City is always a good crowd and a great show.

We saw them with the BNL's and the BF5's at the USANA, but the last time they headlined, Jack and Quinn attended, too, in their unborn and fat mamma state.  

Until next time . . . 




No comments: