18 December 2014

Dentist

We went to the dentist.  Molly has been several times now.  Jack went for the first time.  Everyone was well-behaved and cooperated as they should. For that, I was pleased.  Molly had 5 cavities.  For that, I was totally unprepared.  We brush teeth.  I'm not a candy grinch by any means, but it's not like my kids have the diet of Buddy the Elf either.  How could this happen?   I have no idea.  




Our dentist is way overkill on the prizes.  This visit, the kids both got a mask.  Molly can add it to her superhero cape and t-shirt.  


We went back two days later to get the cavities fixed.  They gave me some potent solution for her to drink an hour before the appointment.  She got the laughing gas, also.  She got the novocaine.  I was expecting the worst from this little drama queen, but her appointment came and went without a hitch. She was a little groggy from the solution and kept asking about where the helicopters at the hospital park, but otherwise didn't do much comical.  I was worried, too, that when the novocaine wore off that she would be in pain, but she was fine and dandy.  I couldn't believe how easy it was.  

Don't try to take her to karate.  Don't try to put her shoes on if the seam of the sock is slightly skewed.  Don't interrupt her when she's talking.  Don't think she'll like the Sesame Street characters at the Tabernacle Choir concert.  But, by all means, take her to the dentist.  She'll love it!  (She is as complicated as and so much like her dad sometimes, I don't know if I'll ever understand her . . .  but I love her!)

2 comments:

fivewoods said...

What cute kids you have! I love them so much...fyi - Meranda had terrible teeth when she was little. The "calm down" pill didn't work on her and it took me Evan and couple of nurses to hold her down!

Milton Wilson said...

I think your kids were very satisfied with the number of prizes that they're gotten from the dentist. After all, if it helps them overcome the fear of the dentist, then there's no problem to it, right? Molly must have thought she'd be getting another round of goodies, that's why she held herself very well on the follow-up. Let's hope these visits solve her cavity problems completely. Take care!

Milton Wilson @ A+ Family Dentistry