25 June 2014

States I Have Visited

This year I have been able to add two states to the list of states I have visited - Louisianna and New Mexico.  One of these days I will get to all 50 of them.  I am missing large chunks of the country in the south (except for New Orleans) and all of New England.  Plus, I have never been to Alaska or Hawaii.  I guess we should start planning a couple of trips!  Here is a list of the 30 I have been to!

  • 1.  AZ Arizona - a couple of different times, but mostly drove through it when Annie got married
  • 2.  CA California - Disneyland!  as well as San Francisco north to the Redwoods.
  • 3. CO Colorado - Been through most of it.
  • 4.  ID Idaho - Yep, only the eastern half, though
  • 5.  IL Illinois - Drove through it, visited Mr. Lincoln's home (once) and Nauvoo (twice)
  • 6.  IN Indiana - Drove through it, visited Notre Dame and the Indianapolis Speedway
  • 7.  IA Iowa - Scariest Best Western Motel ever, but beautiful rolling corn fields and cool covered bridges
  • 8.  KS Kansas - a long state, but not quite as long as Nebraska.  Bob Dole's home state.
  • 9.  LA Louisiana - Only New Orleans.  Didn't see any alligators.
  • 10. MD Maryland - Drove through it on one trip to D.C., but don't remember much.
  • 11.  MI Michigan - Spent most of our time in the Upper Peninsula while my mom was at some kind of meeting.  The lake scared me.
  • 12.  MN Minnesota - Flew to it and then drove to the UP, Michigan.  I remember lots of trees and the giant mall.
  • 13.  MO Missouri - hottest, muggiest I have every been in my life.  Giant bugs.
  • 14.  MT Montana - Battle of Little Big Horn.  West Yellowstone.  Would like to go to Glacier National Park.
  • 15.  NE Nebraska - You know why Wyoming is so windy, because Nebraska sucks.  Longest state in the universe.
  • 16.  NV Nevada - Las Vegas, Death Valley, Wendover
  • 17.  NJ New Jersey - My grandparents lived there.  It was old.  I liked it.
  • 18.  NM New Mexico - Most recent state.  Cool!  Didn't see any aliens.
  • 19.  NY New York - Only been to New York City.  Like to go back there and visit the rest of the state.
  • 20.  ND North Dakota - they had a bowling alley and a zoo ?!?
  • 21.  OH Ohio - my sister had a bad tummy ache there and I watched fire flies for a really long time.
  • 22.  OR Oregon - Portland, Astoria, and northern coast with my mom.  Lewis and Clark. Southern coast (north of the Redwoods) with James.
  • 23.  PA Pennsylvania - Gettysburg.  Turnpikes.  Lost in Lancaster. 
  • 24.  SD South Dakota - Rount Mushmore (twice).  Crazy Horse.  
  • 25.  UT Utah - Woo Hoo!  I live there!
  • 26.  VA Virginia - DC.  Arlington.  Alexandria.  Jamestown.  Mount Vernon.  
  • 27.  WA Washington - Seattle (only one time in elementary school, first airplane flight).  Drove to Mount Saint Helens and along the Columbia River all by myself one day.  It was very picturesque.
  • 28.  WV West Virginia - Drove through the very tip top of the crown part.  Stopped to use the bathroom.
  • 29.  WI Wisconsin - Cheese?  Drove through it on the way to the UP, Michigan.  Don't remember much.
  • 30.  WY Wyoming - Yellowstone.  Devils Tower.  Martin's Cove.  Little America $.50 ice cream cones.

No comments: