29 April 2014

Dance Class Parent Day

Today was parent observation day at Molly's dance class.  She has improved a ton since last fall when I got to watch her.  I'm not talking about her dance skills, but more her cooperation and participation skills.  (It may have helped that I threatened her before the class and also promised a Slurpee if she was good).  She was an angel and did everything she was supposed to do.  She had to leave the dance floor only a couple of times to come and give me a hug and near the end, she kept hollering at me, "Mom, I can't talk to you.  I have to focus."  Um . . . ok.

Jack was really good and sat on my lap the whole lesson, also.

Sometimes (a lot lately), I am completely overwhelmed and wonder if I will ever catch a break with multiple aspects of my life.  Lately Molly has been a handful, but this afternoon I was finally able to catch that break and have a great experience at her dance class.  No crying.  No whining.  No pitching fits.  It was a good afternoon.



1 comment:

emj said...

I love that she is taking dance class!