13 August 2012

Kid #2

My son's name is Jack.  I love him a lot, but he is growing so fast I can hardly believe it.  He is turning into a total rolly polly chubber.  When he is awake he still eats just about every 2 hours.  If he has to go much longer, he cries like I haven't fed him for days.  He is a super good night time sleeper but a weird day time sleeper.  At night, he's been sleeping about 7-8 hours consistently for around 3 weeks now.  That is quite nice!  During the day however, he hasn't gotten on much of a schedule.  Some days he is fussy and wants to be talked to and held all day, with little napping.  Other days he is like a 2-week old again and eats, sleeps, eats, goes back to sleep, etc.  I worry a little about his lack of schedule during the day, but since he's been so good at night, I've just kind of let it all be.

He loves to coo and jabber.  He has a cute little voice.  He definitely knows his mom and dad and especially his sister.  She can always get him to smile.  

He can be rather explosive still and even at church today had to be wrapped up in only his blanket and diaper when I got more than we bargained for with a diaper change.  I had an extra outfit in the bag, but was dumb and didn't take the bag in the bathroom with me.  As soon as we found dad and the diaper bag, Jack was re-clothed.  

He is growing out of all of his clothes.  I just pulled out all his 6 month and 6-9 month items from his stash and washed them.  Some of the 6-9 month things are still way to big, but today I couldn't squish his arms in a 6 month golf shirt he's been wearing to church.  Though he still has a handful of 3 month outfits that fit him, he's not going to be in the 6 month ones for too long.

Jack is also sporting a mullett/tail on the back of his head (I need to take a picture).  Though it kind of looks like a back-of-the-head-goatee, it is actually not what he is growing, but what he hasn't rubbed off.  It's kind of silly  looking and dark with a hint of red.  His new hair coming in is very blonde like his sister's.  I don't think there is any chance for red hair with this little guy either.

He is very wiggly.  Molly never moved much.  I could leave her on her changing table for a moment and know she wasn't going anywhere.  Jack, however, is a wiggle worm.  He can't roll over but tries really hard and likes to jerk himself back and forth when laying on his back.  He wants really bad to sit up on his own.  He loves to be propped up on the couch or on pillows.  He likes to be able to see what is going on.


He spent his first full night in his crib last night, sharing a room with his sister.  Everything seemed fine, so we'll keep our fingers crossed on that one. 

He burps so loud he can wake the neighbors.  He still spits up a lot.  

I love this little squishy boy and hope that he continues growing healthy and strong!



2 comments:

japetersen said...

Sweet boy!

mom bing said...

LOVE YOU JACK! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA NEXT WEEK