18 May 2012

Baby Update

For those blog lurkers who may be interested, we are still having a baby.  As far as we know, he is still a boy.  His due date is now 3 weeks away from today (June 8th).

Here is the G-rated update:

We had our 4th ultrasound 2 weeks ago.  All potential problems had miraculously cleared up just enough that the we were told the little boy is set for a regular take off.  That's good news.

I went to the doctor last week and she said that things were already progressing and that I could schedule an induction anytime June 1st or after if I wanted to.  Though I had joked with James that it would be good if the baby came on June 1st so I could miss graduation, the thought of going to school on Thursday and then going to have a baby on Friday sounded kind of strange.  We decided to wait the weekend and have scheduled to be induced on June 5th.  However, I am now having second thoughts because Molly, James, and I all have even numbers in our birthdays (months, days, and years).  An odd number might be a bad idea.  Hmmmmm . . .

I went to the doctor again this week and met with this old dude Dr. Rasmussen since my regular doctor is out of town (next week is yet another doctor, then my doctor will be back . . .  I don't really care, though).  This doctor was pretty cool and talked with me for quite a while.  His phone rang while he was meeting with me.  The ring tone was "Who am I sir, I Utah man am I . . . "  He said, "I'm really sorry, but if this is the ringtone, I have to answer it."  I listed while he talked to "Betty" about a problem with his football tickets.  He was going to call her right back after he was finished with me.

He said that things have progressed even further than the week before.  He said  that if he were a betting man, he would bet that I will NOT make it to my due date and that he wouldn't be totally surprised if I didn't make it to my next appointment.  Hmmmmm . . .

I'm not sure I believe him.  I really don't think this little boy is coming that soon and I'm not holding my breath, but what do I know.  I did take some time at school today to make sure I have a written plan for the next 2 weeks.  I made some copies of things that I don't need yet and I tried to make it look like I was sort of organized in the event that I am absent.  At home, I think we are pretty much ready for him whenever he gets here.  There are just a couple of things I should probably do this weekend . . . just in case.

Finally, if the little boy comes early, James is worried that he will lose the weigh-in contest at work.  I don't think it is really even a contest, but he has mentioned it.  There are about 100 people in his office, including women and spouses of some of the men, who have had or are having babies all about now.  I think the largest so far has been 8+ pounds.  James was hoping for another giant baby like Molly, I think, at 9+ pounds.  An early arrival could definitely hinder that.

I've been trying to talk to Molly more and more about her baby brother . . .  I don't know what's going to happen there, but she's been in a throwing mood the last few days.  Minnie Mouse, Elmo, baby doll, have all been thrown in the air.  She goes and picks them up and says, "Be careful.  Soft," but she keeps throwing them.  I hope that's not a bad sign.

That's the news from the baby front.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am excited for you! It looks like you could have your little man any day now. Don't even worry about work. Things will get done and taken care of. Will you be at IMC for this little ones birth?