19 January 2012

Midnight Ramblings

It's late. It's a school night. My eyes are tired, but my brain is still going. Here is a little bit of today:
  • Just checked the paper and Willie got his actual name in an article in the Deseret News:
    "Heath scored the Vikings' first four points in the third overtime, giving them an 81-80 lead with 1:01 remaining, but Hunter tied at the other end as Willie Petersen hit 1-of-2 free throws with 45 seconds left." It's not a great article, but it's still cool! There are no pictures, though, and they had their chances, but lost in triple overtime, so that's a bummer, but we'll go try it again on Friday. Oh, and the Viewmont team . . . at least 3 players had super ugly full-blown mullets. What are they thinking in Davis County?
  • Molly was a disaster by the end of the game. Triple overtime gets you pretty late in the night for a little girl. She was disgustingly dirty and stinky (the 3rd OT didn't sit well with her tummy, I guess, and rolling all over the bleachers can't be good either) so in her tired state, I made her have a quick bath and then she was off to bed.
  • James is sick. He has tonsillitis and a sinus infection. We came home to him only half living. After I got Molly taken care of, I got James medicated and off to bed (up from the living room floor). He's already called in sick for tomorrow and with some mega antibiotics, hopefully he will be feeling better.
  • We were a little slower getting home tonight because I had a student in my room who is super smart and applying for lots of scholarships, but she doesn't have a computer at home. She stayed after to use a laptop in my room and work on a few things. I wish her luck. We also stopped at the grocery store to get some things for James and then a trip through the drive-up at Wendy's for dinner. Oh, and it's snowing and the MHS boys basketball team was playing at Skyview tonight. I sure hope they make it home safe and sound.
  • I just read blogs. Some people whine a lot.
  • Molly is crying. I'm sure her binker fell out. Back in a minute . . .Ok, I'm back.
  • Mr. Custodian, Wes, today asked me "Are you sick of Obama, yet?" Apparently there was some type of oil pipeline legislation today that he didn't sign? I just said, "Hmmmm. That's interesting. I am definitely getting sick of all these Republicans trying to run against him." I didn't tell Wes that I like nature and if I bought a new car today it would probably be a Prius. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed with President Obama and I wish he would have been able to do more of the things he campaigned for. The "hope" has definitely dwindled, but I don't want to see Pitch-A-Fit Mitt Romney in the White House either. With that said, though, does it show the progressive nature of our country if the 2012 election is between a black man and a mormon? Who'd a ever thunk that 100 years ago or even 50 years ago. Go figure.
  • How about sports? Coach Krystkowiak kicked Jiggy Watkins off the Utes team today. He's their leading scorer and probably leading turnover-er. I don't know what he's done, but I think I applaud a coach for having the guts to do that. Maybe there is some hope for the future of Utah basketball. We'll have to wait and see.
  • That's probably enough. I just yawned. It's late. I need to get up early. Good night.

No comments: