20 September 2009

Governor's Day


Saturday was Governor's Review Day at Rice-Eccles Stadium. All of the Utah Army and Air National Guardsmen (and women) march into the stadium and line up to be saluted by Governor Herbert. I've been around James now for 4 Governor's Days and I have never attended one of these. Usually it has been because James doesn't like participating in it, tells me it is stupid, and that I shouldn't go. I thought it was pretty cool, though, and I think I'll make it a point to go every year.

The most interesting part of the whole morning was that the service people kept passing out. I guess standing at attention for nearly an hour in a hot uniform on a really warm day can do that to a person. I felt bad for them, but it actually became comical. "There goes another one," we'd say as we watched sink holes appear in the perfect formations. A couple of them even required a stretcher. This poor little boy behind us was quite concerned, "Mommy, are they really dying out there?"

After the Governor's Day celebration, we went to lunch an Noodles & Co. and then to the Utah State Fair. It was a long, hot day, but fun!

No comments: