08 August 2009

What's New?

This week has been very busy. I finally made it into work on Thursday and swore it was Monday. On Friday, I swore it was Saturday. I have been so confused.



Anyway, I survived my orientation at Utah State on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I have a few bruises from falling on a cinder block during a team building activity, but otherwise I survived. If I continue to survive, by May of 2011 I'll have an MEd in Instructional Technology with a technology teaching endorsement. The coursework covers everything from web design, html, multimedia, moodle, skype, blogs, video, etc. to grant writing and a course on how to convince people around you to use technology. Ultimately, the purpose of the program is to get teachers to use technology to teach kids. I am excited about the program, but still pretty nervous about being a student again.



The orientation was fun, though, and very informative. I think I have a good group of people in my Cohort for the next 5 semesters. It was a good opportunity to meet all of these people face-to-face.



In other news, we decided to bite the bullet and buy a new computer. Our main computer crashed about a month ago. James rebuilt the hard drive, but it's been sickly ever since and just hasn't been working well. What to do? Well, there's no way we can both be in school and doing homework (starting in the next few weeks) with just our little trooper of a slow laptop. We need 2 machines. So, we shopped around and decided on a super powered hp with a ginormous 23" monitor. It's pretty cool. You have to turn your head from side to side in order to see the whole screen. We even watched a Netflix movie on it last night. It's a lot nicer than our televisions!

My final thought for this week is that I am addicted to family history stuff lately. I'm pretty sure I am driving James crazy. My PAF is my best friend and I feel like I need to save the world by typing in people's names. Aaaaahhh!! Actually, what I would really like to do is find some names who haven't had any temple work done yet and learn the process of submitting them and doing the work myself, but I haven't found that yet. Oh well. I'll just keep typing names until I do.

No comments: