21 December 2008

Everybody Wants to Par-Tay

Ho Ho Ho! It's Christmas. It's time to party! Party hardy! La la la!
Saturday morning . . . .  
Sardine Canyon . . . . very Scary!!! Took chains. Almost used them.
Good little Honda. I think I can. I think I can.

Party . . .
Good food. Dutch oven stew in a bread bowl. Aunt Susan's Sugar Cookies. Fun white elephant game. Christian and Parker speak of elves in their Christmas tree who come out at night and eat candy canes. Very funny. Wrapped up can of tuna fish in napkin. Secret. 

Board games? Bingo cards handwritten and laminated (and numbered on the back)? Told we either had gold coins or lumps of coal? People with gold coins rewarded with extra candy bars?

Saturday afternoon . . .
Sardine Canyon . . . . very Scary!!! Took chains. Almost used them.
Good little Honda. I think I can. I think I can.

Bad accidents in canyon. Lots of ambulences. Freeway closed. Loooong trip home.

Party . . .
Good food. Italian food. Biscuits and gravy. Sugar cookies. Ice cream sundies. Gift exchange. Singing songs.

Crazy children. A little loud. A little out of control. Johnny ate ice cream like the little piggies. Geneil frosted R-rated cookies. Geneil yelled, "this music is GAY." Not sure what that meant. Puppies in the oven. Pregnant women everywhere. Crowded. Grandparents don't feel well.  Forgot to bring in the camera.

All in all . . . a great holiday weekend! I really like them!  Family is good no matter how odd!!
(no sarcasm intended, I do like these crazy holly-days.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, Haley --
Don't ever lose you clever humor!
Mom

fivewoods said...

Sounds like a great time - on the road - in the snow - trying to get to your next destination....we're glad you made it. Cindy