26 June 2008

You don't like Disneyland??!!??

I went visiting teaching tonight. We had one more lady to get. She's new to our route and neither me nor Beverly, my partner, knew her very well. She seems nice and I try not to be too judgmental, but I guess I just am. She was a little weird.

Last week she, her 16 year old son, and his girlfriend (strange combination, right there) went on a vacation to California. They went to CA to just hang out at the beach, but they decided they wanted to go to Disneyland, also, since their hotel was only a couple of blocks from it. They had never been to Disneyland before. Well, she HATED it! How can you hate Disneyland? I had to ask her why it was so terrible. Here is what she said:
  • Crowded, hot, and expensive (yes, I'll give you those ones. I can't argue.)

  • Her feet hurt (she only had sandals, so I'll give her that one, too)

  • There was music playing everywhere (yeah, that's what makes it cool!)

  • The rides were all too loud (would you want them silent?)

  • It was way to "babyish" and meant for little kids (it's a family place and a great wholesome place to enjoy yourself and spend time with your family. Babyish?)

Oh well. Maybe we'll make some more headway and find something in common during next month's visit. Maybe I should have shown her this video before she left. James didn't seem to think that the teacups were "babyish." Look how much he liked it!

No comments: