01 January 2008

Shake out the old . . . Ring in the new!




Happy New Year, everyone! 2007 has been quite a year. It's been a great year, but it has been quite an eventful year! Here are a few of this year's highlights.







THE GOOD


  • James and I got married!! I'd kind of forgotten that this had happened in 2007. I know, I'm dumb. My mom sent a New Year's eve/Christmas card that mentioned it and I went, "duh, I forgot that was this year." It just seems like James and I have known each other for a lot longer than we actually have. That's a good thing, though!!


  • 3 more of my cousins got married this year, also. (Melanie, Gordon, and Alex)


  • Elliott Moyle Howden was born. (He's cute. We like him!)


  • A new baby Larson is due in March. That will make 4 neice/nephews for me and James thanks to our respective Annie's.


  • James and I bought a house in June.


  • James started a new job at LDS Hospital and then was changed to the new Intermountain Medical Center.


  • James is in the process of applying to nursing programs.



  • Willie just turned 13! He's one year away from being the same age as me when he was born. Weird! He's a good boy, though.


  • We visited Yellowstone, the Tetons, the Redwoods, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef and Bear Lake.


THE NOT-SO-GOOD


  • I still teach in good ol' Tooele. I'm considering a job change, though. My boss doesn't know my name. School-wise, it's been a bit of a sucky 2007. I guess not everything can go well.


  • Uncle Glen died.


  • Uncle Bevan died.

  • Grandpa Huber has had a bit of a rough year. (Although, Grandma Petersen has had a much better 2007 than her scary 2006.)


  • Jason is in Iraq. Alicia goes in May. (James luckily didn't have to go back. Keep your fingers crossed for this year.)

  • No one commented on my Kinoki foot pads post. So sad.




THE OTHER



  • I went through the Temple last December. James and I had a goal in 2007 to go once a month. We did that up until November and December when we got busy and slacked. We will try again this year, though. The Temple is a good place. Everyone should try to be able to go.


  • I've been a member of 3 different wards this year. The Church is true. All wards are good. But, all wards are weird.


  • My mom and dad have been married for 31 years.


  • I was in charge of Super Saturday this year. Until then, I'd never even been to a super saturday. What came of it? Knitted hats. I've made lots.

I hope you all have a great 2008!

1 comment:

Staples said...

Nice post... And I updated my blog!!!