17 November 2007

The Nutcracker!


On Friday, James, Mama Judy, and I went to Weber State to see cousin Jaycee in the Nutcracker. She was a sugar plum ferry! She was cute and did a great job! I have seen the Nutcracker before and can't say I'm a huge fan of ballets, but it was entertaining and I thought the orchestra did a superb job!

My ears have a keen sense for unique juvenile conversation, I guess. Here is the conversation I heard while waiting in line at the drinking fountain during intermission. There were two boys, probably around 13 years old, one with short hair, one with shaggy, one with a button-down shirt, one with a sweater, both in khaki pants. I'm sure their moms made them come. They had apparently noticed the male ballerinas in the performance (do you call them ballerinas if they are men). . .

Boy 1: Hey Collin, did you think those guys had really tight pants.
Boy 2: Yeah, you'd think they'd have a little more room in them.
Boy 1: I know. Were they "tights?"
Boy 2: No (in a Duh! tone of voice). They're "bags."
Boy 1: Oh. I wouldn't want to wear them.
Boy 2: Me neither.
Boy 1: See you later
Boy 2: Bye.

Do you want to print paper cutouts of all of the characters from the Nutcracker?
Click here to do so from a PBS website.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I hope you didn't take that picture during the performance. It is against the rules and the lady next to me got yelled at for taking a photo during intermission! The owner is a Nazi! Last year she stopped the performance to yell at people from on stage.