23 July 2007

The Right Stuff


James says I rent strange movies. Yes, I often do. I update my Netflix queue in large quantities and then I don't look at it very often. I do, however, on occasion get a good one as a surprise. The movie of the weekend: The Right Stuff.
It chronicles the early space program from Chuck Yeager breaking the sound barrier, to Alan Shepard being the first man in space, to John Glenn orbitting the earth. It's meant to show more than just the most famous names and incorporate a lot of the more forgotten people, how they were involved, and how they were all inter-related to the whole story. Although it was really long and required two nights worth of viewing, it was a great movie.
Has anyone ever seen it? You should add it to your rental list if you haven't.
By the way, it also has a very interesting depiction of Lyndon Johnson and would be great for a history teacher to show clips from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen it. Who are the stars?
Mom

Anonymous said...

Stars are those things that twinkle in the sky.