19 February 2013

Wedding Cake Pops

Jarrell, the youngest member of the Binggeli siblings, got married on Saturday.  I wanted to do a party favor for the wedding luncheon and when Mary mentioned there would be no dessert at that portion of the celebration, I thought an edible party favor might be a good idea.

I asked my baking expert, creative, wedding planner sister for ideas and she decided we were going to do cake pops.  I took us all night (though not quite as long as it would have with the rescuing help of my Aunt Karen), but we got around 150 cake pops made, bagged, and labeled. I am not good at stuff like this, but I am good at following directions and thanks to Annie and Karen, we got it done.

They were quite the hit at the wedding!



(*Side note: Perhaps the best part of making these was that I cleaned off my kitchen island.  I think this is the first time I had seen it in it's entirety for about 6 months.  It's covered again, today, but it did last about 48 hours.)

No comments: