19 February 2013

Poor Jack

Jack had a pretty rough wedding day on Saturday.  I was a pretty bad mom, I guess, and let him get totally beat up.  Thank goodness he survived and no one called authorities on us.

1) At the wedding luncheon, Jack was tired and getting super restless.  I don't usually let him crawl around on random floors, but I couldn't hold him anymore.  I put him down and let him crawl around.  I was literally walking right behind him when something caught my attention and I stopped and looked away for probably 2 seconds.  When I turned back around, Jack was about 10 steps ahead of me and right in front of the large swinging double doors into the kitchen.  I rushed to grab him, but swept him up just a half of a second too late.  He was rammed and run over by a kid pushing a cart full of salad plates.  Oh crap!

He got a bloody nose out of it. Screamed for a minute or so, and then actually relaxed enough to fall asleep for about a half hour.  Once awake, he was totally fine.

2) We stopped at our house on the way from Brigham City to American Fork.  We were only at our house for probably 45 minutes.  Annie and her family, Amber, and Jason were all there, too.  That means there were 6 adults and 3 out of 5 kids older than Jack who could have potentially stopped this from happening, but none of us were around right at that moment.

What happened?  He fell down the stairs . . .  all the way to the bottom.  He screamed for probably 30 seconds is all.  He luckily didn't seem to break anything and only had a mild floor burn on his forehead to show for it.  It could have been so much worse.  Thank goodness he survived and though I said I was going to buy a gate on Monday, I didn't, but haven't let him out of my sight.

Sorry, Jack.

No comments: