14 September 2010

She made it to 80!

This is my Grandma. She turned 80 on September 13th!

We celebrated on Sunday with the festivities! Aunt Geneil had an idea for all 8 children to each bring 10 flowers so that they could give Grandma 80 flowers on her birthday.


Grandma has had a rough year, but is still kicking, screaming, and shooting for an 81st birthday. She is confined to home more than she's been in her whole life and gets really frustrated and down sometimes. Her heart doesn't really work. Her lungs hardly work at all. And, most days, her feet don't work. She has long outlived her mother, but has nearly 13 more years before she's outlived her dad.

My Grandma Petersen didn't make it to 80 and once told me that she swore every morning when she woke up and realized she was still here. On the other hand, I think Grandma Huber probably swears every morning (and several other times throughout the day) just to make it through. I'm so grateful that I have had such a good relationship with both my Grandmas!


Happy Birthday Grandma!

1 comment:

fivewoods said...

Your a good grandaughter.....