02 November 2012

Halloween!

You may recognize Molly's Halloween costume from last year.  She was a monkey again.  She likes monkeys.  The costume still fit.  Mom isn't really that overboard about Halloween.  The monkey worked.  Maybe it will fit again next year.

For the first time ever, Molly was really excited to go to school.  I thought that maybe I would start letting her wear the monkey costume every day and our mornings would go much more smoothly (however by the end of the day, she was very done with the monkey costume and I don't think she'd put it on tomorrow if I tried).


We got to school and all of the little kidlets were super excited about their costumes.

During 3rd period, they all came through my room (and others) to show off their costumes, sing a little Halloween song, and get some candy.  Molly cried when she saw me, then settled down, then cried when she left.  I continued to hear her cry as she went in and out of classes down the hall.  Oh sad.  By the time I got her in the afternoon, though, she had totally forgotten about it and was just as happy as ever.

Next, we stopped by James' work.  There was a sort-of party at his office and the employees were encouraged to bring their kids by to go trick-or-treating.  We were only there for a few minutes, but Molly had fun and added to her haul.

Later, James took Molly trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  James said they hit just about every house around our block and that Molly actually walked most of it.  Jack and I stayed home and passed out candy.

Our day ended with our annual Halloween party at my Grandpa's house.  Both Jack and Molly were getting tired and pretty worn down, but my mom did a good job providing us all with some yummy food.

James was originally an "African Safari Guy," but one of our primary kids saw them and said, "Oh it's a monkey and the zookeeper."  I thought that was fitting too.

Happy Halloween! 



Jack finally sat up by himself for the first time on Halloween!


Molly admiring her "poonkin."


My Halloween Gang!



No comments: