30 March 2012

San Diego - Day 3





 On Day 3 of our trip we headed to the San Diego Zoo.  It was crowded, there are lots of hills, and Molly was a little bit less cooperative and patient than she had been the last two days.  I think she was just tired. 

We got to the zoo and were persuaded by a zoo worker to do the 40 minute bus toor.  Ug.  It allowed us to see the whole zoo in that time, but Molly was less than thrilled to be on the bus after about 20 minutes.  The last 20 (or more) were very, very long.  The driver even stopped a couple of times to ask if everything was ok.  Yes, just please keep driving and let us off this bus.

Shortly thereafter, Molly fell asleep in the stroller.  We'd hadn't seen much and I didn't feel like pushing a sleeping Molly up and down and up and down all the steep hills.  We found a nice chair and sent James to see the rest of the zoo.  We decided to meet back up in an hour.  Molly had a good little nap and I may have, too! 

When we met back up, we decided to go to 1) Panda Bears, 2) Polar Bears, 3) 4D Happy Feet Movie, and 4) ride the sky ride back to the front of the park.  We did all that except for the Panda Bears.  The line was about a 4 hour wait and wasn't moving.  We stood in it for a few minutes, but my not-so-patient-even-though-she-just-woke-up daughter used one of her new phrases and told the people in front of us to "Go Away."  We decided pandas weren't worth it and went on with the rest of the plan.  She liked elephants and big cats we found along the way and she thought the sky ride was pretty cool.


We left the zoo and ate at a local sea food place James found called the Sea Rocket.  I had a grass fed burger with "bacon jam," James had some fish and oysters, Molly had a cheese pita thing that she said was pizza and emptied out the side of bleu cheese spread that came with my burger.  James said his fish was delicious and that's why we went there.  The restaurant was decorated in cardboard and duct tape fishes hanging from the ceiling.  It was interesting.

Next, we headed across the giant bridge to Coronado.  We walked on the beach.  We took Molly's shoes and socks off and set her down on the sand.  SCREAM!!!!!!!  Until this point, Molly had had a few mild melt-downs, but this was an absolute fear and angry scream.  She didn't want anything to do with the water or the sand.

This is what her face looked like. 

She and I hung out on a bench on the sidewalk while James finished walking around and taking pictures on the beach.  At about that time, I started looking for my camera in our bag.  It wasn't there.  James came by.  "Did I give you my camera?"  He said, "No."  It was no where to be found.  Right about then, a nice family came by and said, "Did you lose your camera?  We found this and were looking at the pictures and saw that little girl in a bunch of them."  All I could say was "Thank you!  Thank you!"  The camera is toast.  It's full of sand and water.  However, the memory card was fine and our pictures our saved.  Sorry camera.

This picture (Molly screaming, above) was the last picture I took.  I think in the Molly exchange from James to me and trying to put my camera back in my bag, I must  dropped it.

We drove back to our room.  James took Molly swimming for a few seconds.  She went to sleep well afterwards and slept all night.  Phew!  That means we were set for a good day on Day #4.

No comments: