30 March 2011

Spring Break!


It's Spring Break for Murray School District! Yippy! I get the whole week off to work on my "to do" list. Here are a few things going on.

Disclaimer: After rereading this blog post, it sounded super negative. Sorry. I am very grateful to have a few days off. It is just sometimes overwhelming because I have more things that I want to accomplish during the week than are sometimes possible.
  • Today we spent more than 2 hours at the DMV to renew my license. That was great fun. Molly was pretty good for the first hour and a half, then cried and fussed for a half hour, then finally conked out on my shoulder for the last 15 minutes. The DMV is the MOST inefficient place I have ever had to go. We think schools are bad? When are the documentarists going to focus on this terrible institution? I was watching each worker at their stations and all but 2 of them managed to waste 5-6 minutes doing who knows what before calling up the next person. In my number category (the C100's) it took slightly more than 1 hour to go from C120 to my number, C140. What a joke!
  • I would like to get my yard (as little as it may be) in order this week, but I need slightly warmer weather. I need to buy some pansies, too, because I wasn't on the ball enough to plant them in the fall. Also, the lawn is super long and needs to be mowed.
  • I contacted a realtor and mortgage guy today about the possibility of selling our house. It is possible, but there are obstacles. Right now, similar homes are selling for about $10,000 less than what we owe. We are not going to short sale and we are not desperate to move, but we do WANT to move. Molly needs her own bedroom. Our stairs are steep and are becoming steeper the closer Molly gets to them. I would like a garage (my car got broken into again last week). I would like a yard. I would like a basement that has a corner to put junk in that needs to be put in a corner, but not thrown out. I would like to have a room big enough for Molly to use her walker without crashing into furniture or walls or other crap because THERE IS TOO MUCH CLUTTER IN THIS HOUSE! I'm open for suggestions and ideas to solve this conundrum.
  • Oh yeah . . . you want to know a good way to de-clutter the junk in your car? Have someone break into it, luckily get scared off, and leave all of your stuff lying in your carport for the police to then put in your trunk. Leave it there for a day or so because you are super busy and then hurry and bring it all in the house to clean out your car so there is a place to put your luggage on the way to the airport and then find a large metal rod in the trunk with the stuff, but throw most of the stuff away and that's how you de-clutter, but then you are grateful that they didn't actually use the large metal rod because you may have had to fix a window and you don't want to do that again.
  • I am going to the General Primary Board Meeting tomorrow morning. It should be good.
  • We are supposed to teach temple prep classes to a couple in our ward, but we need to set up an appointment with them (and we should probably go to the temple ourselves . . . now that I just wrote that, I think our recommends may have expired this month . . . better check on that).
  • My mom is out of town, so we took her Wednesday night spot to have dinner with Grandpa tonight. It was fun! I don't usually volunteer to take meals to people because cooking is not really my forte. We had barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, chips and dip, and salad. I guess it was okay because Grandpa ate one and a half sandwiches.
  • I only have 2 days left of my vacation and I have a lot of things to do, still. Maybe I should spend less time blogging and more time cleaning my house. Or . . . I could just hulu last week's new episode of the office while I reread this post and then go to bed. That sounds good!

No comments: