29 March 2011

D-Land Report








We went to Disneyland!!! It was great!! Here is the report.

I've been to Disneyland many times. It's quite a family tradition. James has been twice now and Molly has been once. James was worn out from literally running from ride to ride every morning with Willie. I am worn out from taking care of Molly for 3 days without having a place for her to just roll around on the ground. Oh well. It's a good worn out. Disneyland is just the type of place that you need a vacation from the vacation when you get back. Lucky for me, I am on Spring Break this week and Molly and I are just chillin'.

So, what else? We stayed at the Sheraton Garden Grove. It was very nice. We spent 3 days in the park, mostly hopping between both parks. We've got the fast pass, baby swap, and park hopping down so well that Willie wants to write a book about "cheating the system at Disneyland." I personally did not stand in any line for more than 20 minutes and I don't think anyone else did either.

I don't think I've ever been there in March and it was still pretty crowded. I don't know that it's ever not crowded except for the first couple of hours it's opened each day. James and Willie got there super early EVERY DAY! Since my mom, Molly, and I didn't make it quite that early, the two of them were able to have our Magic Morning passes on the last day. Willie knows the total, but I think the two of them rode Space Mountain 20+ times. Neither of them were feeling very well yesterday and I think that might have something to do with it.

Molly was an angel. She had a few moments of hunger and tiredness, but overall was just perfect. She took good stroller naps and loved the rides and shows she did do. She literally held perfectly still for like 3 minutes at a time during Captain EO. She was mesmerized by Peter Pan and even giggled going up and down on Dumbo. She tried to escape on the Merry-Go-Round and fell asleep on It's A Small World. She was neutral to Pirates of the Caribbean, but got a little antsy just because it is such a long ride. Most of the rides, she just sat and looked around at everything, taking it all in. She's a good girl.

My only complaint about this trip is that, as anyone who's been knows, the food inside Disneyland is way expensive. I was anticipating that. However, it seemed liked everything was just so much more expensive than before. Plus, the food as always been pretty good and of a very filling quantity for the price you pay. This time, though, it seemed more skimpy, not as good, and more than ridiculously overpriced. Oh well.

There were more highlights . . .
  • The Baby Center - we visited it often because there is no warm water in any bathrooms in DLand (believe me, I tried most all of them) and it was very nice and friendly. I've never had reason to use it before, but would highly recommend it!
  • Ruby's Diner on the Huntington Beach Pier - We left the parks on Sunday afternoon to head to this place for dinner. It was a bit chilly, but pretty fun! I had a delicious milkshake that tasted wonderful.
  • Plane Ride Home - Molly was a bit of a screaming bear for the first 25 minutes of the plane ride TO California, so I was a bit nervous about the return trip. But, she was really good. She played and was easily entertained for most of the way. She became kind of a maniac for the last 15 minutes or so of the flight, but once in her stroller she quickly fell asleep.
  • Elliott and Wyatt entertained Molly quite well. She giggles at them. Wyatt usually likes to pick fights with her, but Elliott is very caring and watches out for"little Molly."
  • Iced Milkshakes - After a rough evening Saturday night trying to find food (and a moron mustached kid at Red Robin not knowing how to do his job and seat people), we went back to our hotel restaurant and asked for milkshakes and fries. They said they would try. I think the shakes were made of milk and ice in a blender, but they actually tasted pretty good and we appreciated the effort.

  • My parents and the rest of my family are great! Here's to the next trip!
Oh . . . one more thing. Did you know that Disneyland even has it's own Mickey shaped clouds?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like it was awesome! I'm uuber jealous. Glad you guys had a great time tho!

japetersen said...

Very nice!

mom bing said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Molly is so cute!!!!!!