17 January 2011

Guster!

Yes, I am getting old. I used to like to go to concerts. I still do, but now it just makes me feel old. I am never too old for Guster, though. We've seen them at least half a dozen times at Bricks/In the Venue. We've seen them at UVCC/UVU), Deer Valley, the E Center/Maverick Center, Virgin Megastore/Urban Outfitters and my sister reminded me that we even saw them at the U's Union Building and we took my mom. I had forgotten about that. As far as I know, we've only missed them coming to Salt Lake once, but that was before we knew who they were. (Don't worry. They played at DV8 and I have a bootleg copy of that show somewhere.) They are always entertaining.

Guster was in town the other night. James, Annie, Willie, and I all went. We had a good time. Luckily, the crowd was all pretty much our age (with the exception of one 80+ year old lady and two 10-12 year old boys with their dads).

I can't say it was the best Guster show ever (I'm not sure which one that would be), but it was really good! We had a lot of fun singing along and bouncing around like a bunch of ruttards. James even smiled and Willie did well at acting like the cool 16 year old with his dumb older sisters, but deep down he did have fun.

I REALLY like their new album and they didn't sing as much off of it as I would have liked, but there were still plenty of sing along favorites. We missed Joe. He left to join K.D. Lang's band. The new guy, Luke, was ok, but he wasn't Joe (and he pulled strange faces and was wearing a Mr. Rogers white cardigan).

Guster is my favorite, no matter how old I am.


No comments: