02 April 2009

Huh?


Here is another snippet from the old computer. Does anyone have any idea what this is? What poor electronic device did my grandpa "back" in the oven? Oh dear!

This is a picture of the thing that was put in the oven. I was the first PDA made by Sharp. We have come a long way with the blackberry and others.


Stewart Bingham Eccles 
2693 South 1900 East Street
Salt Lake City, Utah
84106-4155

February 13, 1995.
"
Sharp Electronics Corporation(
Sharp Plaza 20600 South Alameda St/
Carson, Ca. 90810

Gentlemen:--
 I purchased a Sharp Wizard when you first made them, and have enjoyed it now for may years. Two or three years age it got wet and I put it in the oven and backed it a while and it cam back on. It now is getting slow to open and respond in some areas of the machine.#
 Do you rebuild these Model 0z-7000 Wizard's? if you do will you give me some idea what it would cost, and nay information you may have about this unit1
 Thanking you for an early reply I am
 Sincerely
*
_____________________________________#
 Stewart Bingham Eccles

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's kinda like when you get your cell phone wet... it's a quick way to dry it out and prevents some of the damage to the electronics is the belief I guess. One time when I was working at a Mimi's cafe I dumped a glass of water on my phone and put it under the warming lights we had and it still worked but struggled a little too :)

Alicia

japetersen said...

The "wizard" is an organizer -- pre palm and blackberry. Grandpa had every kind of gadget imaginable. What a good daughter you are --
Love you --
Mom