04 November 2008

7, 5, then a lot more

I went to vote at around 6:50 a.m. I was worried that with all I needed to do today, I wouldn't make it to the polls after school. I was #7 in line. Of course, we couldn't vote until 7:00 a..m., but they let us all verify that we were on the list. Two people in front of me were ousted. One man was at the wrong precinct, but I don't know what happened to the others. By the time 7:00 a.m. came, there were at least 30-40 people behind me. Wow! I think that's pretty cool that regardless of who they voted for, there were that many people excited about their civic duty . . . at 7:00 a.m.

YES WE CAN!

As I'm watching Obama's acceptance speech, the camera keeps flashing Orpah. Who in the world is that strange, ugly white man she is hanging on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her boyfriend, Steadman?
Mom

mad dog said...

I was wondering that same thing! I thought it was her bodyguard, but I didn't think people were that confortable with thier bodyguards ...