22 October 2014

UEA = Days Off!

My most favorite October holiday is not Halloween, it's UEA!  Hooray, hooray, for U-E-A!

Here is what we did to celebrate:

THURSDAY:

On Thursday we slept in, ate breakfast, and just bummed around all morning.  Jack spent some quality time watching the washing machine spin around.  It is one of his favorite hobbies.  Eventually we got dressed and in the car to head out and run some errands. We went to the Family Dollar, to Kohls, and maybe we stopped for french fries at a drive-up window.



While out and about, we got a text from Aunt Chris telling us she was tending her grandson Max and wondered if Molly and Jack could play.  Jack crashed asleep on the way home, but Molly wanted to play so we swung by our house, loaded her bike in the car and took her to Chris and Jerry's house.  She hung out with Max all afternoon.  They drove around in Max's electric car, ate popcorn, ice cream, and watched a movie.  Molly didn't want to come home, so I think she had a great day!  (I borrowed this picture from Chris).


On Thursday night when Jack was in the bath I found Molly in this position.  I was really worried she may have chopped her legs off to fit in that laundry basket, but I guess she wanted a cozier bed.  



FRIDAY:

On Friday morning we left the house to head out to my Grandpa's.  My mom had asked us if we could come help with some yard clean up and general winterizing type tasks.  We were happy to go!  Chris, Jerry, and Max were there to help, as well as Annie and her boys. We raked leaves, did some stuff to the pool, sprayed weeds, covered up patio furniture, and ate Square Pumpkins from the Arctic Circle. It was a fun morning! 




We got a phone call from Grandma and Grandpa Binggeli that they were in the neighborhood!  Grandpa had been called for jury duty, but finished early and they wanted to drop off some things and stop by for a visit.  We had a nice afternoon with them hanging out at Kohl's and then playing outside at home for a little while!

I can't think of a better way to spend a day off than to hang out with FAMILY!



SATURDAY:

Saturday was my mom's 60th birthday!  I decided to help her celebrate by asking her to tend my kids while I did my Saturday morning church calling - young women's volleyball. She, of course, obliged and the kids got to hang out at Wyatt's soccer game with my mom and dad.  The rest of Saturday was spent doing laundry, trying to straighten up small portions of the house and leave the rest a disaster while I tried to grade nearly 200 math tests, going to the grocery store, playing, and watching movies.  

SUNDAY:

On Sunday we went to church.
Sunday evening we were treated to a birthday dinner at Annie's house for my mom.  It was a fun evening with good food, fancy desserts, and crazy children.  My parents both have fall birthdays.  They are good parents, even though every birthday reminds them that they may be getting old and closer to becoming actual senior citizens.  

I stole this picture from Annie, but I liked it!


That is the report on our October Fall Break UEA Vacation!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Good report. Your UEA was much more eventful than ours.