25 July 2013

Float Preview

When I was younger my mom would make my sister and I go to the 24th of July Parade.  It was always soooo hot.  I just remember it being miserable (sorry mom, I know you were just trying to culture us).  At some point my sister insisted on not going any more and eventually I think we all just stopped going.  It's fine.  It's just a parade.  Now, however, you can see the float in air-conditioned and even more close up than you would see them in the parade.

On Tuesday we were going to go to a park with Melinda and Annie and kids, but when I realized it was the float preview party, we had a last minute change of plans.  None of these pictures are any good, but they do prove we were there.

It was crazy packed with mostly pregnant women, small children, and busloads of care center patients.  It was still fun though.  The kids all got balloon animals (or guns actually, except for Molly's elephant) and Rilee got her face painted.  Annie and I had a bit of a deja vu moment while we were trying to corrall 7 kids who were done with floats, hungry, and armed with balloon machine guns.  We were waiting for Melinda and Rilee to get to the end of the face paint line and remembered many times growing up that Annie and I were waiting on Melinda to decide what she wanted . . . sigh.  It's ok.  We still had fun, it was just funny.

The kids both crashed on the way home . .  . which is always nice!





No comments: