17 September 2011

House Update - It's Getting Close!

Our house was locked this past week. That's a good sign because it means it is close to being finished, but it is bad because we haven't been able to go look at it every night. James goes sometimes during the day if he's in the neighborhood, but I haven't done any more than peek in the back window for a week. Today, we asked our realtor to let us in and, oh my, there was quite a lot of progress.

There is a railing. It is supposed to have a wood top, but it's not there yet.


The bathrooms still need some work, but are coming along. Here is a picture of the master bathroom.


We have 2 cement slabs. One is outside the back of the house and will be a landing for the back sliding door steps and one is out the back garage door. We still do not have a driveway, though.


The cabinets are in (and Molly was IN every cabinet she could wiggle into, especially this one in the bathroom)!! In this photo (and the bathroom one above) you can also see the tile on the floor and the paint on the walls.

I was pretty excited to see kitchen cabinets today. This kitchen is why I ended up choosing this floor plan. I really like it! And, I have been worried about the colors inside, but I think the walls, cabinets, and flooring (not the cardboard with the green tape, but what's under it) have turned out very nice.

In addition, the stucco has been done for a while, but I haven't take a picture of it. Oh wait, I did take a picture with James' phone . . . oh well. I wasn't very happy with the stucco color. It just wasn't what I had it looking like in my mind. I was really nervous that the red brick we had chosen was going to look terrible. Plus, the front bedroom was supposed to be brick and they had accidentally stuccoed it. Well, there were two guys working on the brick today and I think it's going to look ok. The brick doesn't look quite as red as I thought it might be and the lighter trim didn't look quite as yellow against the brink. I think it will be good!

No comments: