17 March 2010

Teen Spirit

I came across this video while trying to find some new stuff for Chase, one of my guitar students. I thought it was kind of funny. I've never really understood what this song was about. My first introduction to Nirvana came from this girl named Fran in my 7th grade French class. She wore a Nirvana t-shirt at least every day.

Chase and I talked about how Cobain killed himself and was a major druggy and how that's not cool. We have discussions like this sometimes. Chase says "Yeah, like Jimi Hendrix and Bon Scott?" I said, "Yeah. Cool rock musicians sometimes do stupid things." Chase said, "yeah." It's important as the guitar teacher to teach good wholesome values. Learn to separate the rock-on music from the stupid decisions of some of it's makers.


1 comment:

Annie said...

that was um...

pretty stupid.

I'm a skittle...