12 July 2008

Car Woes

My car was sick. It is doing better now. I was talking to my mom this morning. She said (and I had to agree) that if my car keeps having issues that cost lots of money, I should consider getting a new car. Well, she's right, but my car is fixed for now and I really dread the day I have to have a car payment again. I will just keep patting my car on the dashboard and saying, "Good car."
In the meantime, though, I found out that a Smart Car starts at $11,500. You can reserve one for $99. Seriously, if my car died and could not be resurrected, I would consider one of this mini wonders.


My favorite part I found was this: Exterior option - Panorama roof (sun screen included)
My least favorite part is that a radio is not a standard feature. Strange.
Other things you may want to know:
Max speed - 90 mph
Gas - 40 city/45 highway mpg
Storage - 8 cubic feet
Dimensions - 8 feet long, 5 feet tall, 5 feet wide
If I bought one today and financed the entire purchase on a 5 year loan, my payments would be around $232 per month. No thanks. "Come on little Honda. Good car!"

5 comments:

japetersen said...

Good car! I do the same with mine. I really believe if you are nice to your cars, their shelf life extends --

mad dog said...

But where would you put your 13 kids you're planning on having?

Jodi said...

Oh I would never go back to a car payment if I didn't have to. Mine has 115,000 miles on it and the dealership told me it was only half used. So I just put some cosmetic money into it and hope is runs another 115! Good Luck with your Honda. Next time get a Subaru! I can't pay the thing to quit!

Bing Math said...

I think Honda's and Toyota's are right up there with Subaru's. They bodies rust away before the engines do. Mine just keeps needing old car repairs. I head to have the belts replaced and then this weekend was the rear brakes. Nothing too serious, just expensive. - Haley

Brooke Imlay Scheurer said...

The Smart car is the new "it" car in Seattle. The "granola's" up here are all driving them. The only comment I have heard is that they really don't get the gas mileage that is advertised (the car is small, but the engine still has to be pretty big to help the car function on the freeway). Gas Mileage has reportedly been closer to 33 MPG???
Nick and I feel like the purchase of our little Toyota Echo has been a great investment! We get 38-40 MPG! Go small cars!